Wednesday 2 December 2009

A dirty sheet


Found this letter in hands of a dead pauper on my way from station in the morning. A very dirty paper written on, in almost illegible handwriting. Here I reproduce it to the best of my cryptographic skills and i dare apologize in advance for I ain't too good in this job:

"I am a mad man! Yes, go ahead mock me, look at me with disgust, with contempt. Pity me, ain't I a filthy creature! Not worthy of being called a human, you miserable loathsome ants! All you self-appointed guardians of morality and decency, all you liberal cowards hiding behind your purdah of self inflicted non-violence, all you extremists killing a part of your own God for His sake. You rich snotty got-here-by-my-own-hard work jackasses, u sympathy-hungry lazy destitute bastards! It is I who face the wrath of nature everyday, it is I who return to her every night. It is I who live in sync with her. Look at that bird, how beautiful it is, how free in it's cares, how unchained in it's flight. Yesterday I saw a fledgling being eaten by a dog. It was raining then. Ah! the pitter-patter of rain drops like the footsteps of people walking from station in the morning. Chris is a nice man, u know under-appreciated and that sort. Christy? who? You ask You egocentric homo-sapien. Christopher Marlowe?? Author of Doctor Faustus? Bah! leave it. He's melancholic nowadays all that ado about Shakespeare bloke. But u thought I was mad didn't you. Yes! Yes! I am mad, idiot I am not. I have read, read a lot. All those posters you prima donnas don't care to even look at, those old torn books you discard,I read them. Chris and I have long discussions about life usually. All this talking and discussion makes my throat dry. But where do I get water to drink from? You don't care, do you? No one does. Throw a coin at me, even, you won't and cry you have to if you have less to drink, you will. I hate you, I hate you as much as you hate me or less for what does a mad man want but to get sane but what is a sane man nowadays but an insane.

5 comments:

  1. This one was really pulsating, the text was absolutely unrelenting throughout.

    A very nice read, this one. Looking to see more of you.

    You should write more often ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,i should but i had forgotten others read it too. BTW u need not have used 'this one' too often. :)Thanks for reading though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. reproaching the common man, perhaps yourself, me and other readers included..a daring job..a good read, it must be said..

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree gud work ...though too sarcastic but thts hw u think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "for what does a mad man want but to get sane but what is a sane man nowadays but an insane."
    If I could put you in a museum for next generations to look up to, I would...

    ReplyDelete