Monday 17 January 2011

Relax

Relax. This is not a thriller. This is not a conspiracy theory. Take a deep breath in, let it out now. Loosen your back, stretch your legs. If you have any urgent work now, stop reading this, finish it, then come back. This post wont change your life. If you don't have an urgent work, congratulations you have deciphered the secret of life. If it is day now, take your head a little further away from the monitor, don't strain your eyes, you won't miss a thing. If it's night switch on the light. If you smoke keep an ashtray handy. As you might have seen this post ain't too long. Anyways, you are amongst a selected few who know this post exists. Be proud your friends shall never get to read it, unless of course you make them read it, which I am sure you won't.

Now that I have instilled some self-confidence into you, I ask what do you expect the post to be? A sad love story? Why haven't we lived enough of those? What you want is something interesting, something that takes you away from your dreary existence, to a land where you reign supreme. Any bad thing/person can be just thought away. You want some support to build you dreams tonight. You may or may not find them here. This might change your life, or again this might not. Does it matter? For a few seconds you want to live someone else s life, cry over some one else sorrows, laugh at someones jokes. You want to be someone else. And once you have read this you'll be yourself again. Safe in your old familiar environment.

But let me warn you, as I said this wont change you, but it might change your environment, your habitat. For this is the story of you.

Quite a few years back was born a child...and you ended up reading this post.

That's it? This was a waste time. You demand your time back. Take it, I have loads of it and no purpose. Trouble is you expect a lot. But what are expectations if not great? Ha, this is my last line I wont give you the pleasure of deriving any pleasure from this.

3 comments:

  1. i did whatever you asked me to do ...including wasting my time reading it :P.....on a serious note nyc wrk ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last another post from Mr high and mighty :-P
    What I can only say is that unlike what you said, this wasn't a waste of time. I wish I start writing again too :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an awesome foreword to an incredible book.. likhna shuru kardo yaar..
    you're a book writer, believe me.. you have that knack...

    ReplyDelete