Sunday 2 May 2010

Letters

Dear God,

Dear God, my dog died today. Could you please return him to me. You know my mother said, everyone who dies goes to you, so i thought you might have him right now. If you could please send him back, sir. I know it might be some trouble but you know i promise to help you out henceforth. I could... I will be good now onwards. I will do all my homework from now on. I will clean my room. I will not even cry when i am hurt. I will never shout at anyone. I will not make fun of ELijah. I promise God. I know i have not been the best i could have been.

I am a kid sir. I might have made some mistakes but will not anymore. I love him, i love pucho. I will not be angry at him when he wets my face by licking me in the morning. I have no friends other than him. I used to play with him every evening and if he does not want that I will not. I will ...I will do anything you want. I am so sorry...i didn't mean to hurt you or him, if i ever have. Please forgive me.

If you cannot return him, at least pat him for me once. You know he likes playing ball and used to go with me to walks in the garden. Could you please take him to garden once in a while. I know you must have huge beautiful gardens everywhere up there. Or if you could take me up to him. I could come up there to look after him, otherwise he would get lonely. But then mother would cry as she did when grand mother passed away. Please do send Pucho back.

Mommy said you lived in heaven and everyone who dies goes to you. Could your dead postman take this along when he come here next. And i didn't eat that cookie, the servant did, though when i told Mommy so she thought i was lying and scolded me, hope you know that and are not punishing me just for that. I promise not to eat cookie ever again. I am sleepy now, have to go to school tomorrow. Hope you get this letter, Please send pucho back, please,please,please,...

2 comments:

  1. amazing work, the thought process of an innocent mind is so difficult to wear, certainly after a college life in NITH :P
    But, all in all, a gem once again.

    Its always a delight to read you. One peculiar thing about your work is that I always feel if there were volumes of these to read. chapters maybe. you surely should write a book... please think on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, If I could blush i would blush. :) Thanks for the cmmnt. Job's hectic, rarely get time to write blog, book is a far fetched dream

    ReplyDelete